I was so fortunate to be able to attend a fabulous event with dynamic, inspiring lady executives this past Tuesday at the Atlanta History Center. Little PINK Book Founding Editor & CEO Cynthia Good & her team once again led the effort in delivering purposeful, authentic power ladies to engage with guests and those following along via social media during their 8th Annual Fall EMPOWERMENT Event.
Distinguished panelists included: Kate Quinn, SVP and CMO, Wellpoint; Julie Sweet, General Counsel, Secretary and Chief Compliance Officer, Accenture; Teri List-Stoll, SVP and Treasurer, Procter & Gamble; and moderator Glenda Umaña, anchor at CNN en Español.
Here are a few of my absolute favorite quotes from the dais:
- What it means to be happy changes over the course of your life as your priorities & your definition of happiness shift. ~Teri List-Stoll
- The issue of confidence is important…you must have it at every stage of your career. ~Julie Sweet
- Regarding my confidence challenge: My husband said, “Don’t be a girl.” 🙂 ~Julie Sweet
- Inquiry from Twitter: How is important is a mentor? Response: A mentor gives good advice…a sponsor is an advocate & helps find opportunities. ~Julie Sweet
- Follow your initial passion, but keep your options open. ~Teri List-Stoll
- What is the proper measure of success? It can’t be defined in a narrow way…the happiness barometer. ~Teri List-Stoll
- If you’re going to do one thing to help your career, learn to communicate better. ~Julie Sweet
- Inquiry from Twitter: Can you get ahead without playing office politics? Response: There’s a conformity expectation in the workplace…but women & men express themselves differently. It’s not deemed appropriate to express yourself like women do…makes things uncomfortable…as you rise in your career, you can push against some things, like behavioral expectation. ~Kate Quinn
- Final piece of advice from the panel: LAUGH!
Big shout to Debbie Fitzgerald and her PR team for providing stellar services throughout the event process and assisting me in optimizing my experience with the panelists and enabling me to bring it to you!
I truly believe each person there was vividly inspired with the ideas on self-expression and reinvention for themselves…I know I was moved to go forth with light & JOY!*
Related video & articles
- Achieving Work Life Balance as a Leading Lady (youtube.com/envisionglobal)
- Top Ten Takeaways from the Fall Empowerment Event (littlepinkbook.com)
- Women Business Leaders Can Have a job and a Life (hispanicbusiness.com)
- Little PINK Book to Host Top Female Executives Nationwide at 8th Annual Fall Empowerment Event (prnewswire.com)